The Atlanta Braves have been eerily quiet this winter ever since they signed Josh Donaldson and Brian McCann, despite having several needs they need to address, including a corner outfielder, late-inning reliever and frontline starter.
But, that could begin to change this week.
AA expects things to start "thawing out" and becoming more active this week. He said they are 70% on a deal, but they are stuck at the add on. Deal could fall though, but that's the closest one at the moment.— Stacy (@SlmSolo) January 15, 2019
According to Braves GM Alex Anthopoulos, Atlanta is working on a particular deal that is 70 percent agreed to right now, with the other 30 percent dealing with the add on players Atlanta and an unknown team are working on.
Here's exact quote "There's one trade concept right now that 70% of the deal we would agree to, the 30% is probably where we are going back and forth. I don't know if we are going to get it done, but the main piece of the deal I think we ultimately would be ok, it's the add on"— Stacy (@SlmSolo) January 15, 2019
Hmm. Who knows what this deal is and if it's a blockbuster move, but if there are add-on players involved, you'd imagine it involves a difference-maker. Corey Kluber? J.T Realmuto?
This trade possibility may never come to fruition, but if you are a Braves fan, you like to hear your GM talking about heating up his pursuit of players. Hey, Atlanta might be making a trade in the coming days or weeks.